What is an Academy?
Academies are state-funded independent all ability schools established with the support of their sponsor from the education, business and faith sectors working with partners from the local community. Academies provide good school places and excellent teaching and learning environments, offering a broad and balanced curriculum focused on its specialisms.
- What is an Academy?
- Does opening an Academy adversely affect other schools?
- Are Academies selective schools?
- What about children with Special Educational Needs?
- How will Academies raise standards?
- How soon will that improvement shine through?
- Do Academies get more money than other schools?
- Will sponsors profit from their involvement?
- How are Academies accountable to their local communities?
- Where will the new Academy be situated?
- What will be included in the curriculum at the new Academy?