What is the Sirius Academy Bursary?
The Government recently announced a new bursary scheme to help 16-19 year olds in full-time education. The scheme is made up of two parts: a payment of £1,225 to a small group of the most vulnerable and a discretionary fund for schools, colleges and training providers to distribute.
Sirius Academy will be offering 2 awards:
Guaranteed Sirius Academy Bursary of £1,225
Students will be eligible if they are:
- in care or
- care leavers or
- receiving Income Support (or Universal Credit) or
- receiving both Disability Living Allowance and Employment Support Allowance or Disability Allowance and Incapacity Benefit and
- were born between 1st September 1994 to 31st August 1997
Sirius Academy Bursary of up to £560
All other students will be eligible for an award if:
- their parents/guardians are in receipt of a Means Tested Benefit (Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance, Income Support, Working Tax Credit with household income less than £15,910, Universal Credit or Pension Guarantee Credit ) or
- their parents/guardians have a current gross household income of less than £20,810 and
- the student was born between 1st September 1994 and 31st August 1997
How to apply
To apply for a Sirius Academy Bursary please complete an application form and return to the address as shown on the form.
Download application form here.
If you have any questions about financial support, please ring the Student Services Finance Team on 01482 598942 or email us at: MoneyAdvice4u@hull-college.ac.uk