Pupil Premium – Statutory Information
Schools receive additional funding from the Department for Education (DfE) to support the needs of their most socio-economically deprived students. This additional funding is called the Pupil Premium Grant. The funding is used to implement a number of strategies to support Pupil Premium students, including:.
- Tracking and monitoring the progress of PP students.
- Literacy and Numeracy intervention.
- Targeted GCSE intervention.
- Lead Teaching staff.
- Coaching & mentoring programmes to support metacognition and self-regulation.
- Attendance monitoring and intervention.
- Cultural and social activities.
- Support for parents and carers.
The amount of Pupil Premium allocated to Sirius Academy West by the DfE is detailed in the table below:
|DfE Financial Year (Ending 31st March):||Amount per eligible students:||Number of eligible students:||Funding:|
|2018-19 (indicative)||£935||656 (42%)||£615,328|
Amounts are allocated per government financial year ending each 31st March, not in academic years. Please note, allocations are not made for pupils in the sixth form.