Sirius Scores Top Title in Best 100 Schools for Sport
Sirius Academy West have recently been ranked by the Youth Sport Trust as one of the top 100 schools in the country for quality PE & School Sport in 2016. The staff and students were congratulated by Baroness Sue Campbell (Chair of the Youth Sport Trust) for their achievements. She went onto say, 'It is wonderful to see all you are doing to offer your students the very best physical activity, PE and school sport opportunities, which will in turn impact on their wellbeing, leadership skills and personal achievement. Thank you for your belief and commitment to the power of Sport to change lives.'
During the 2015/16 academic year Sirius West has;
- Made over 1,250 student attendances at Hull School competitions, not including Rugby, Football and Netball leagues
- Entered over 95 school competitions
- Hosted 18 competitions at our academy site
- Produced over 150 leaders to help run Hull Schools and Humberside Schools competitions
- Hosted 4 primary CPD courses and governors workshops and other sport related meetings e.g. Humberside schools FA meetings
- Led on the Hull Schools Stand Up event where the Academy encouraged 18 schools in Hull to join in with over 5,000 students involved across the city
- Lead on the health and well-being status for Humber area
A huge thank you must go out to all staff, students and parents who have supported the Academy in ensuring our students have the best opportunity to access high quality PE & School Sport.