The Academy Principles
The ethos and core values of the Academy revolve around RESPECT:
- RESPECT for yourself – holding yourself in high esteem and believing that you are good and worthy of being treated well. Have high expectations and aspirations for yourself at all times.
- RESPECT for others – respect is the glue that holds relationships together. Receiving respect from others is important because it helps us to feel safe and express ourselves. Being respected teaches us how to be respectful towards others. Respect means accepting somebody for who they are, even if they are different from you or you don’t agree with them.
- RESPECT for education – understanding the importance of education will enable you to strive for outstanding progress, encouraging you to work to the best of your ability at all times and value the meaning of success throughout your life.
- RESPECT for the community – this includes looking after the academy’s local areas. You should play your part in keeping the local community safe. This includes depositing litter in the bins provided and reporting any damage or inappropriate behaviour. Local residents should be treat with respect, and behaviour when travelling to and from school must be courteous and polite.
- RESPECT for the environment – this includes looking after, and having pride in, all areas of the school building. You should play your part in keeping the school site safe and tidy. A safe and purposeful learning environment should exist every day at the academy. The environment as a whole should be cherished and we all have a part to play in preserving it.
- RESPECT for the future – have high aspirations and set challenging goals for yourself. Understand that education is a valuable stepping stone to your future. Take responsibility for your learning and be honest with yourself. Know what you need to do to improve and always ask for help when needed.
The Academy strives to ensure that all students are able to learn and develop their potential and that all staff are able to teach without disruption. The Academy aims to be a safe and nurturing environment built on an ethos of mutual respect.
Do Well, Respect Others and Value Education
Students are encouraged to develop self-discipline, by understanding the consequences of their actions. We expect the default position of all students to be that they want to do well, respect others and value education. Systems and processes in school provide a framework to create the circumstances for a culture of respect to flourish. Our policies allow for structures to manage situations where actions fall below the expectations of respect. Where there is a high regard for respect, a safe, secure & purposeful environment is created for all.