Sirius Academy West aims to provide an engaging and challenging curriculum that allows all students to achieve beyond their expectations:
- A wide range of skills through a range of sports and activities that are developed throughout key stage 3 and 4
- The ability to use tactics, strategies and compositional ideas to perform successfully
- When performing to think about what they are doing, analyse the situation and make decisions
- To reflect on their own and others performance
- Develop the confidence to take part in different physical activities.
- Learn the value of a healthy, active lifestyle
- To be involved in physical activity so that they can make informed choices about lifelong physical activity
The Physical Education Curriculum has three aims. It should enable all young people to become:
- Successful learners, who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve.
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Responsible citizens that make a positive contribution to society.
In year 9 students can chose an additional course in Sports Leadership where they can learn key leadership skills like, communication, organisation, team work, planning and leadership qualities. The student then deliver session to the local primary school.