At Sirius Academy West we operate a uniform policy which ensures all students are dressed appropriately to maximise learning. Uniform is key for instilling personal pride in appearance and ensuring that students have a safe and fair learning environment. Sirius Academy West prides itself on the smart appearance of ALL its students. Uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of the Academy and setting an appropriate tone.
A uniform also ensures that students of all races and backgrounds feel welcome and protects students from social pressures to dress in a particular way and nurture cohesion between different groups of students. Above all Sirius Academy West believes a uniform supports effective teaching and learning.
We review the policy, and the suppliers of our uniform, annually.
We are pleased to announce that we are changing our uniform supplier for the 2022/23 academic year to Steady Schoolwear. Our new supplier is a local company which will allow parents / carers the opportunity to visit their shop at 17 Savile Street, Hull, HU1 3EF.
Our uniform can be purchased at Steady Schoolwear shop and on their website https://steadyschoolwear.co.uk/
All parents / carers should have received a letter via MyEd to inform of the uniform changes for the next academic year. To summarise the key points:
- Students will be given a Year Group tie upon their return in September. No students will be required to wear a lanyard.
- All students will be expected to bring a black rucksack each day. This is to have two shoulder straps and may have a logo. Rucksacks with the Academy logo can be purchased from Steady Schoolwear.
- All trousers and skirts worn by students next year must have the Academy logo heat pressed onto them. Any trousers or skirts purchased direct from Steady Schoolwear will come with the logo pressed on free of charge.
- The Academy will be offering a £5 discount for the 1st pair of trousers or skirt purchased from Steady Schoolwear.
- Any trousers or skirts purchased from other suppliers, must be brought into the Academy to be approved and have the logo heat pressed on, free of charge.
- The current blazers and PE kit can still be worn in the next academic year. There is no expectation for parents / carers to purchase new blazers or PE kit.
Details of our uniform can be found within our uniform policy.