In KS4, students at Sirius Academy West prepare for their Mathematics GCSE qualification, building upon the strong foundations embedded at KS3.
All topics from KS3 are revisited and extended, allowing students to focus on embedding the skills learnt and making connections between the topics. Each topic will have a new level, content that was not previously encountered but is now an exciting challenge. Students preparing to sit the Higher-tier assessment will have additional topics that teach algebraic and geometrical skills.
The focus at this level will be the understanding of mathematical language, clear mathematical communication and the understanding required to check and evaluate working. These skills are essential for deeper study of Mathematics.
1. FDP Review
2. Growth & Decay
4. Expressions, equations and inequalities
5. Simultaneous Equations
6. Ratio review
7. Direct and inverse proportion
8. Sequences & Linear Graphs
9. Pythagoras’ Theorem and Trigonometry
11. Quadratic Equations
12. Patterns in Algebra
14. Area and volume of 2-D and 3-D shapes
15. Charts & Graphs
16. Indices and standard form
17. Constructions, congruence and loci
18. Angles Review
19. Transformations review
21. Circle Theorems
22. Algebraic Methods
23. Further Geometric Reasoning